Nicholas Christakis explores how the large-scale, face-to-face social networks in which we are embedded affect our lives, and what we can do to take advantage of this fact. Watch this and more of Nicholas Christakis's Videos on realted topics at TedTalks (Ted.com)
TedTALK: Nicholas Christakis: The hidden influence of social networksJanuary 19, 2013 Written by Ted O'Brien
We're all embedded in vast social networks of friends, family, co-workers and more. Nicholas Christakis tracks how a wide variety of traits -- from happiness to obesity -- can spread from person to person, showing how your location in the network might impact your life in ways you don't even know.
Latest from Ted O'Brien
- [Free eBook] 'Analyzing the Analyzers - An Introspective Survey of Data Scientists and Their Work'
- Super Slideshare: Digital Media Summit: "State of the State 2013"
- Slideshare: The SCIENCE-ification of Media
- [Video] Drawing Dynamic Data Visualizations - Compelling Approach (Brett Victor / Stanford U)
- TEDtalk Video: How Big Data Is Shrinking Our World
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter the (*) required information where indicated. HTML code is not allowed.